Smith Electric Motorworks © Legal
AUTOGEN, ROTOGEN, ROTOMAX, AAMP AND DIGI SERIES PHASE CONVERTERS
All Rotogen, Rotomax, AAMP and DIGI Series Rotary Phase Converters carry an Unconditional Lifetime Warranty against Rotor failure. This includes failure of the rotor end rings, laminations or rotor bars due to power surge, arcing, burnout, or distortion. Rotor warranty extends to original purchaser and is non-
Other rotary converter components are warranted against all manufacturers' defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 5 years under normal use and service. Covered components: Motor-
All AUTOGEN CD-
If any unit or component thereof fails within the designated period of warranty, and is shipped freight prepaid to SEM Corporation, 10288 Hwy ZZ, Marceline, MO 64658, and is found to be defective in workmanship or material, it will be repaired or replaced at SEM's option and returned, freight prepaid, to the buyer within the contiguous 48 states. SEM Corporation assumes no liability for consequential damages or interruption of service to the buyer. Buyer furthermore, by acceptance of this equipment, hereby assumes all responsibility for the consequences of the products' use, misuse, or abuse by the buyer, his employees, or others. A defect within the meaning of this warranty, in any part of any piece of equipment shall not, when such part is capable of being repaired, serve to condemn the equipment in question. This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, guarantees, obligations, or liabilities expressed by SEM Corporation or its representatives.
Items not covered under warranty, or which may void warranty, include, but are not limited to:
· Physical abuse or unauthorized alteration of unit or components.
· Failure to properly ground unit.
· Operation of unit above or below recommended operating voltages of 230v (±10%) or 460v (±10%).
· Operation of unit without adequate ventilation, or with fan(s) removed or broken.
· Operation of unit when stuffed full of sawdust or other foreign material.
· Operation of unit in a corrosive or excessively damp environment.
· Failure to follow recommended wire, fuse and transformer requirements.
· Rodent or pest damage.
· Acts of God including flood or lightning strike.
· Freight or other handling charges incurred through inspection or repair of a unit or component in question, or return of same to the user.